- We collect your personal information to allow us to conduct our business and in order for you to
(amongst other things):
- use our website;
- contact or correspond with us;
- buy or otherwise receive our products or services from us;
- register for or use an account with us;
- request information about us, our products or services or third-party products or services;
- provide feedback or lodge an enquiry with us;
- sign up to our newsletter;
- to have your credit application assessed; and
- submit any job application.
- We may also collect your personal information from third parties (such as governmental, law enforcement, other public authorities and commercial information suppliers) and other publicly available information about you.
- If we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
- We may collect personal information such as (but not limited to):
- your name
- your contact details (postal and email address and telephone number);
- your date of birth (or age);
- your gender;
- your company details (including registration details);
- any other information from your curriculum vitae or job application submitted to us;
- your credit card details;
- bank details;
- insurance details where relevant to services being provided to us;
- information from credit reporting agencies;
- identification information, including your signature, driver’s license or other identification points; and
- any other information you provide to us, including trade references, proprietor and director details.
- Non-personal information may also be collected by us or our third-party service providers who assist us in operating our site. Cookies may be used to collect information about the pages you visit and device and software you are using. Your cookie preferences can be configured on your browser.
- We collect your personal information to allow us to conduct our business and in order for you to (amongst other things):
- We use the personal information we collect about you to conduct our business. This includes to
design, manufacture, supply and install our products and services, including machinery, spare
parts and consumable products. Other purposes for which we collect your information may
- communicating with you and providing you with information, products or services you have requested;
- responding to your enquiries;
- notifying you about changes to our site, products or services;
- managing and administering any account you may hold with us;
- promoting and marketing our products and services to you or providing you with information about products or services which we believe may be of interest to you from us and our selected partners;
- personalising and customising your experience on our site;
- appointing, doing business with and utilising the services of service providers and professional adviers (including contractors, consultants, advisers or auditors);
- providing a better or more relevant product or service to you, for example by automatically populating forms on the site when you make enquiries;
- combining your personal information with information we have collected from our partners, service providers, third parties, cookies or web beacons to improve the quality of our products or services and the products or services of third parties. For example, we may combine behavioural data we have collected about you through cookies or web beacons and combine it with your personal information from requests you send to third parties through our site;
- researching the needs of our customers to help us improve;
- processing any job application submitted by you;
- managing our accounts, including your credit (if applicable) and carrying out debt recovery functions;
- managing corporate risk and funding functions;
- sharing your personal information with third party partners so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services, including by contacting you;
- sharing your name, business registration (if applicable), and contact details, with third parties in order to obtain trade insurance; and
- If we contact you by using your personal information, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for direct marketing in the future by following the “opt out” instructions provided in the communication.
- In addition to using or disclosing your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, we may also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to the purpose for which it was collected, where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
- We use the personal information we collect about you to conduct our business. This includes to design, manufacture, supply and install our products and services, including machinery, spare parts and consumable products. Other purposes for which we collect your information may include:
- We may also disclose your personal information to relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities, or where we are otherwise authorised or required to do so by law.
- We may disclose your personal information to service providers outside of Australia to obtain website hosting, storage, back-up and data retrieval services and to provide services. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to transfer your personal information and data outside of Australia for these purposes.
- Where such third parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable privacy laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
- We may also transfer personal data in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of us or as part of a corporate reorganisation or share sale or other change in corporate control.
- We may disclose, use, aggregate, make anonymous, use a pseudonym or de-identify information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance or other purposes.
You are entitled to access, correct or update personal information we hold about you. If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we hold about you, please contact us as set out below. We may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse access to the extent that the law allows us to do so.
- Storage and security
- We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Any personal information that is collected via our site or which is stored on our IT systems is protected by a range of safeguards and security measures including physical, technical and procedural methods.
- We will retain information for so long as is reasonable for business purposes or as permitted or required by law. Subject to any legal requirements we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it was collected, in accordance with this policy.
- Questions and complaints
- Our Privacy Officer will investigate your query or complaint and endeavour to respond to you promptly. Please provide as much detail as possible in relation to the query, issue or complaint.
- You may also complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about
the way we handle your information. Please note that OAIC requires that any complaint must
first be made to the organisation the complaint relates to. The Commissioner can be contacted
Last updated: 11th November 2020